Women, Peace and Security 2020 Webinar Series
- 20th anniversary of UN Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325,
- 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (BPfA),
- 5th anniversary of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and
- 75th anniversary of the United Nations (UN).
In a year of so many anniversaries, campaigns and consultations, and changing climate, bushfires and pandemics, it is critical that gender equality and feminist peace remain front and centre of all discussions and actions in 2020 and beyond. This means ensuring that the diversity of women’s voices – in Australia, in our region and globally – as well as civil society organisations and individuals with interest in women, peace and security (WPS) – can be heard, and meaningfully integrated into debates, policy and practice.
WILPF Australia’s WPS 2020 Webinar Series seeks to have an open conversation about the:
- progress and gaps in the implementation of the WPS agenda;
- identify priorities for WPS commitments;
- strengthen the meaningful engagement of civil society; and
- develop strategies to move on a holistic approach to the implementation of the WPS agenda.
29 September 2020, 5:30-6:30 (AEST)
Women, Peace and Security: Civil Society’s Role in Building UNSCR 1325
8 October 2020, 5:30-6:30pm (AEST)
Australia’s National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security (2012-19):
Gender Equality, Human Security and Sustainable Development
27 October 2020, 5:30-6:30pm (AEST)
Redefining understandings of security and the WPS agenda: crises, climate and pandemics