The aims of the Annual Civil Society Dialogue on Women, Peace and Security (Dialogue) are:
- Showcase the contribution of civil society organisations to the women, peace and security agenda in the context of UNSCR 1325.
- Facilitate effective dialogue between civil society and the Australian Government on women, peace and security in the context of UNSCR 1325.
- Support shadow reporting on the Australian National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security.
- Elevate the national discussion on women, peace and security.
The Dialogue is coordinated by four organisations in the Coalition:
- Australian Council for International Development
- Australian National Committee for UN Women
- Australian National University – Gender Institute
- Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom – Australian Section