Joining the Coalition
Membership is by application. To request to join the Coalition please complete the application form below. Organisations, networks and individuals requesting membership must fit the following criteria:
- A civil society organisation, network or individual advocating for women’s rights and empowerment in issues related to women, peace and security.
- Experience and knowledge of UNSCR 1325 and related UN resolutions and the Australian National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security.
- Members must attend all scheduled meetings (members may provide information by email in lieu of attending or nominate a proxy to attend).
- Members must agree to champion the Coalition within and outside of existing networks.
- In the case of civil society organisations and networks:
- One representative who will be able to commit to attending quarterly Coalition meetings and contribute substantively to the Coalition’s work.
- A second staff member to act as secondary representative on the Coalition.
- Member organisations must confirm in writing their two representatives to the Coalition.
Membership requests will be assessed by the Coalition Steering Committee. Membership may be withdrawn if members fail to meet the above criteria, including meeting attendance.
All members (with prior approval) will be listed on the Coalition website and will be placed on the Coalition mailing list.
If you don’t wish to apply for formal membership but would still like to be kept informed about the Coalition’s work, you can join the Coalition’s mailing list.